Deadlines and Timelines
The following is some basic information about application deadlines and the timeline you can expect for the selection and pre-departure process.
The Student Exchange Program Office selects students for most programs and institutions once per academic year, during the winter semester. If you are interested in participating in an Exchange or Internship program for a summer, fall, full year or winter, you should apply by this main deadline. Please consult the web page of your first choice institution to determine which deadline you should submit your completed application to CIE by:
Please have a look at the list of all CIE exchange partners.
2013-2014 Application Deadlines
*Please refer to the summary of 2013/2014 partner schools to determine which institutions are still open for 2014 Winter.
OPEN for select institutions
CLOSED except for KGU Cross Cultural College Program 2 is still open
Law Application Deadline:
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Undergraduate Scholarship internal deadline
2013 Summer Research Programs
All applications for fall, winter and full-year exchange and study abroad programs are assessed after the deadline for that program (i.e. not on a first come, first served basis). Qualified applicants for the Fall, Winter will be interviewed.
Applicants for internships, research and some summer programs may not require an interview.
A general timeline for most Exchange programs is as follows:
- If required by the destination institution or program, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
- Within ten business days of your interview, you will receive an email from CIE notifying you if you have been nominated for the exchange program and whether this will be for your first choice institution. You can also check the status of your application on https://internationalprograms.studentlife.utoronto.ca/StudentPortal/Login
- Within one week of your conditional nomination email, you will receive an official letter and a list of further instructions and documents by email. Your host institution may require more application documents at this time. Return all documents to the Student Exchange Program Office at CIE by the deadline indicated on your letter.
- Placement at the partner institution is confirmed once you receive an acceptance letter from the partner institution.
- Before leaving U of T for study abroad, you will be required to: attend a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation, register on the Safety Abroad Database, and return waivers and forms.
"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." Helen Keller